Saturday, 11 May 2013

DIY: Cute expandable card!


♥ Hi!!♥  Last post was about a cute gift for you mom & I said that moms love things that you made yourself for her so I thought it would be cute if I show you how I made the card I made for her & she adored (:

What you need:

  1. Pencil
  2. Scissors
  3. Ruler
  4. Compass
  5. Cardboard (I sugest white but can be any colour)
  6. Color sheets
  7. Markers
  8. Stickers or anything to decorate it
  9. Glue

Steps:

♥ Cut 4 circles out of the cardboard with a diameter of 20 cm (7.8 in), make the shape with the help of the compass (radius = 10 cm).

If you want a smaller card just make 2 or 3 circles, the max are 4.


♥ Then fold a circle in the middle 2 times until get the last picture

♥ Draw a tab on the 4th section of the circle.
Cut the extra part.

♥ Once cut, fold in the middle this part.
This will be the bottom part of the letter.

Repite these 2 last steps on all the circles.
Cut color sheets & deco sheets (notice that I am using the same sheets I used for the calendar lol) of the shape of a fan 1 cm (.3 in) smaller than the original sections.
You can cut photos or pictures too, anything you want! to make it look cute.

♥ Write anything you want to say your mom or the person you will give this letter.
I highly recommend you to do this BEFORE pasting the tab. 

♥ Paste the tab to "close" the first section. You can use white glue, silicon, whatever & you can paste it inside or outside.

Repite these steps but change the colours & add some stickers be creative! Make each section different.

♥ Finally put glue on the outside part to paste all sections together.

♥ Decore with deco paper or that paper for scrapbooks the 2 sides of the letter & decorate them.


♥ You are done! You can see I used pictures of me & my mom when I was small & cute & added drawings & stuff. There's no limit! I hope you liked it & that you try do it! ♥ 


No comments:

Post a Comment