Monday, 18 March 2013

How to have a transparent banner?

Okay! So in this tutorial, I will show you how to make a transparent banner and/or how to put it on your blog
First of all you need to have in mind what kind of blog you are running, what is the name of it, the content & well.. everything! I started mine being a journal of my trips (like if I were traveling everyday) so I changed it & I made it more personal.. kind of helpful? Anyways, I like cute stuff & that's why my blog is so pink. Whatever..
To make a banner you can use plenty of programs, like photoshop, photoscape, even paint! if you know how to use it perfectly you can make a really cute banner!.
If you don't have any of those you can use this page that works like Photoshop. It took me a while to understand it because I am not a designer. But is really helpful!
Once you have this you need to understand that the body & the header are connected, at least in this version or in theme of blogger. It took me a lot! to find out what I had to do to make my banner transparent.
This is the code that makes my banner look cute! 
Go to edit HTML & add this before 
}]]></b:skin>
.content-inner {background-color:transparent !important;}
.tabs-outer,.main-outer,footer {background-color:white !important;}
Or go to Customize & then  Advanced & Add CSS




 Before




After








No comments:

Post a Comment